On September 22, at Bulgarian Independence Day was re-opened a monument to Marshal Tolbukhin, who in 1945 headed the operation to liberate Bulgaria from Nazi Germany.
Earlier, the monument stood in the city of Burgas. In the 90s it was dismantled by the local authorities, and now restored in the health resort «Kamchia». The initiator of the monument’s opening was the Fund «Sustainable Development of Bulgaria».
The opening ceremony of the monument was attended by anti-fascist and public organizations in Bulgaria, the chairman of the Fund «Sustainable Development of Bulgaria» Stanka Šopova, students of IV European student festival, representatives of the Consulate General of Russia in Varna, as well as representatives of the «Russian world».